Friday, January 18, 2013

Punky Sprouts/Amy Tangerine mashup featuring Lawn Fawn


Hey everyone!

It's my turn to share over at the Punky Sprouts blog today, and I'm sharing my first Punky Mini.  FYI, there are a TON of photos in this post.

This month Punky Sprouts teamed up with Lawn Fawn.  We were allowed to choose any Lawn Fawn stamp and I picked Critters Ever After because my mini is of a little getaway Andrew and I took in the fall of 2011 (I know, I am so behind) to Orlando/Disney.  You'll also see some other Lawn Fawn sets as I already owned Sunny Skies and Here's the Scoop.

I mentioned Amy Tangerine, right?  Well, I have a couple older Amy Tangerine daybooks which I think are so cute.  I had pulled them out a couple times, but then just felt kind of intimidated by them, and didn't quite know how to proceed with the project.

Solution, pair it with Punky Sprout's Soul Sprout album.  I undid the stitching along the spine of the daybook and the used my paper trimmer to cut along the spine of all the pages so I had a bunch of individual pages.  Then I mixed the pages in with my Punky Sprouts album, and voila!

This mini also uses iphone photos exclusively....we opted not to bring the big camera with us.  In terms of printing, I created photo collages at Shutterfly, each 8 1/2" x 11", and then cut them up when they got here.

Here's the cover featuring the castle from Critters Ever After and some Any Tangerine washi.  It's hard to see the stamping through the kind of translucent cover, so there's a second photo that shows the castle off better.





For the canvas piece I used the large Lil Lacy Blossom as a mask and spritzed it with Mister Huey's Plumb Thumb mist.





















I repurposed the Lil Lacy Blossom that I used as a mask on this page.


The hearts on this page are from the LF Here's the Scoop set, and I used one of the Lil Cork Petals for the title.



The Soul Sprout album has a 'B' shaped cardboard piece.  I immediately thought of mouse ears, so I used Versamark and black embossing powder to create the illusion.











I used a TON of products in this mini, so I'm not going to try and name everything, but please ask if you have particular questions.

BTW - you are all sworn to secrecy because Ellie has NO idea that we went to Disney without her and she would be so not OK with it.....

Supplies Used

Punky Sprouts (Punky Store-http://getpunkysprouts.com/store/?page/63371/shop-punky) - Soul Sprout Album, Lil Lacy Blossoms, Lil Parchment Blossoms, Lil Cork Petals, Funky Punky Fiber Pack.

Lawn Fawn - Critters Ever After, Sunny Skies, and Here's the Scoop.

Other:  CTMH - White Daisy Ink, Honey, and Desert Sand Inks; Spectrum Noir markers; Jenni Bowlin Alpha stickers; My Little Shoebox Alpha Stickers; Memento - Tuxedo Black ink; Taylored Expressions - Skinny Alpha Dies;

9 comments:

  1. What a cool mini album! Love the way you included all the bits and bobs you pick up on vacation. I was laughing at your comment about Ellie! I was thinking the same thing at first ~ where are the girls? LOL! My lips are sealed;) Have a good weekend Miriam!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your secret is safe with me! lol!! I loveeeeeeeeeee your mini!! Sooooooooooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this mini! You saved it for the perfect occasion! When E learns how to read, you'll have to black out the Disney post! Tell her it's classified, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Miriam this is amazing.. I love your pages..such a sweet idea.. I left you some love on the other blog..love it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so fantastic Miriam!! So many cool little details. I have been meaning to try my hand at a mini book but I've no idea where to start! Yours is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous mini book, Miriam. You have captured a wonderful time all in such a compact space and have done so with such style and creativity. So very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your secret is safe with me ;-)

    You must make more MINIS Miriam!
    This one is incredible! I have enjoyed every page and love all the documents you were able to incorporate in there!

    + you and Andrew make the most adorable couple...awww...you do!!

    Hugs to you~

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha Ellie won't hear it from me! ;)
    great mini. love the textures and stamping. you two look like a happy couple...love that :)

    ReplyDelete