Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Addicted to Gold



I really am....and it's one of those things where when I pull out the gold, everything seems to get 'golded'.

I wanted to play along with the stencil challenge going on over at Moxie Fab World, and my sweet friend Nina (who incidentally is opening her new store, Waffleflower Crafts TODAY, please go check it out!) sent me a jar of gold Wendy Vecchi embossing paste.

I pulled out Dina Wakley's Halftone Borders stencil from The Crafter's Workshop.  I first used a sponge dauber and gold Delicata ink to add the pattern to the cardstock.  Then I turned the stencil 180 degrees, adjusting it vertically so I could get an interesting intersection of the opposing patterns, taped it down and added the gold embossing paste.  I LOVE this stuff!  It's gorgeous and shimmery and elegant.



I really wanted the stenciled piece to shine, so I just added this big Love die cut from, you guessed it, GOLD cardstock, and the secondary sentiment was embossed in gold.

I love how all the different shades of gold play here and there's a great mix of sparkle and shine as well.  Here's a photo with the light reflecting off of all the shiny parts.



I'm also going to link this up over at Simon Says Stamp's Monday challenge since it's Anything Goes this week.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Supplies Used
Paper/Cardstock:  Avery Elle - Sapphire and Whipped Cream cardstock; Recollections - Gold Mirrorboard cardstock
Stamps:  Avery Elle - Simply Said: Love Clear Stamps
Ink:  Tsukineko - Delicata Golden Glitz, Versa mark
Other:  The Crafter's Workshop - Mini Halftone Borders 6x6 Stencil; Dreamweaver - Wendy Vecchi Metallic Gold Embossing Paste; Avery Elle - Simply Said: Love Elle-ments; CTMH - Dimensional Foam Tape and Gold Embossing Powder; Tombow - Mono Adhesive

29 comments:

  1. So gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeee that background!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMM! What a beauty, Miriam! Love that you backed this with a dark blue card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and shine it does. This is stunning, Miriam! Love the dotted dimension on your background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super gorgeous! Love all the gold tones!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that you used ink and embossing paste! Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your dimensional gold sentiment, stunning card !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful BG, love the gold !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovin' the gold, Lovin' the embossing paste...Just love, love, love! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. totally love this.. the GOLD is perfect..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card, I love the background effect, sort of a cross between vintage lace and 60s pop art. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! I love the gold "love" and the gold embossing! We have a "Technique" challenge going on that I think your card is perfect for http://vssweetideas.blogspot.com/2014/04/technique-challenge-vsc-challenge-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that stenciled background Miriam! it shows off the GOLD word so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So very cool, Miriam! I love the optical illusion you created by sponging and pasting over top. The gold foil sentiment finishes it off so nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fancy! Looks kinda retro-flashy! and the "love" really stands out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh wow!, Miriam, I love this background you've created! So awesome! I'm in love with gold too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous! I love that golden shine!
    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge this week. I love seeing your work. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love the gold...your card is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super pretty...I love gold too!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing girl! Wish you would do videos. Would love to see your magic!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great job with the embossing paste! Love the gold...so stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is beautiful in it's simplicity and like you, I am also attracted to the many different golden shades but especially the shine on that most powerful word.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so golden delicious I want to eat it!! Love all the different textures you managed to combine on this Midas card!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Stunning, stunning, stunning!! Love how you manipulated the pattern in the background to get what you want. Your creative roll just keeps on going!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have never seen gold embossing paste yet!!! Where have I been? I adore this..and I am addictied to gold, too! Beautifully done, Miriam!

    ReplyDelete