Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Be You Tiful



I'm busy at work on some more stamp/die designs as well as some new goodies that are releasing soon (did you see the announcement on the Neat & Tangled blog?), so lots of stuff being made, but nothing hot off the presses that I can share just yet, so I thought I would share one of the bonus example cards I created for my Craftsy class in the combining die cuts section.

I love the look of inlay, and I love that it can take many different looks from very bold to subtle even to soft in this card.

For the focal oval piece, I first cut a panel of watercolor cardstock, then used the Paper Smooches spray to cut and inlay a design within the panel, and then die cut the whole piece with the oval piece.

I wanted to call out the background dies a little more, so I added some very soft loose/messy watercoloring.



The sentiment die is from Ellen Hutson, and I cut several layers to give it some dimension.

Hope your week is going well, I can't believe we are already in AUGUST!

Affliate Links Below:

14 comments:

  1. Soooooooo gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my goodness, that is very lovely! Love the color wash going on and the phrase. Just lovely! Have a great week! Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!! Can't wait to see what you've been working on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! This is simply stunning!! I cannot wait to see what you have been working on either!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is truly a beautiful card Miriam!
    thank you~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you stretch this die. Totally sensational!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very soft and pretty! Great use of dies!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty and elegant in a nice soft way!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you created such a beautiful soft look. At first I thought you layered vellum over it! August...kids are back to school in 3 weeks! Hope you are enjoying your time with your girls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Miriam, this is beautiful...it reminds me of a porcelain pin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is so soft and beautiful, Miriam! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really love this simple design and the watercolor look! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So soft and deliciously girly! Loving those inset dies!

    ReplyDelete